COVID-19 Control Plan
Again, we will enforce the following:
- Temperatures will be taken upon arrival.
- You will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds before service.
- Clients who are not feeling well MUST stay home.
- Clients who have traveled by plane or cruise ship or have traveled out of the country within the last 14 days, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- No children, family, or friends will be allowed during your appointment.
- With your safety in mind, we have limited some of our regular menu offerings and amenities.
- I have informed staff of the requirement to wear face masks for the duration of his or her work and/or time in a building. Face shields are provided to staff, but not mandatory unless doing a service which requires the client to remove their mask.
- I have made available procured cloth masks (& surgical & N95 masks) for all staff.
- Distributed to all staff who need one at no cost and have a plan to distribute additional face masks as the need arises (i.e. in the event of loss or damage).
- Informed staff of the need to clean change out their face mask between uses, or to dispose of surgical masks between uses.
- Implemented other procedures:
- Staggered appointment times.
Social distancing and organizing personnel. To meet social distancing requirements, we have:
- Implemented staff management policies to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at the same time using staggered appointment times.
RIDOH has published on gathering sizes and gathering size restrictions outlined in active executive orders and communicated these limitations to employees:
- Designate 6’ spacing in high traffic areas to ensure that employees and customers maintain six feet of distance between themselves.
- Distributed social distancing instructions to employees and posted social distancing instructions/signage for visitors and customers.
- Modified work spaces to allow for six feet apart between employees. (N/A)
- Social distancing may not be possible at check out if someone added on to their service time at the time of their service, or is purchasing product. If that is the case, we will wait in our designated room and check out our client there.
Responding to a positive case or outbreak. To ensure proper management of a positive COVID-19
case or outbreak, you have:
- Agreed to call RIDOH immediately upon being informed of a positive case amongst our workforce at 401-222-8022, or 211 after hours, so they can assist in contact tracing and provide further instruction.
- Developed a COVID-19 sick policy and communicated it to employees.
- Assigned a minimum of one representative to work with RIDOH on testing employees, contact tracing, case investigation, isolation and quarantine, and any other follow-up related to outbreak containment. Rep: Sienna Iadevaia (401)263-1709 alternative Rep: Erin Zompa (401)248-4389.
- Prepared our company to respond to a positive case or outbreak in the workplace by:
- Reviewing the general business guidelines with staff and agreeing to call RIDOH in the case of an outbreak or positive case.
- Ensuring sick policies accommodate any quarantine or other directed isolation of the personnel “team” or “pod” in which a positive case is located.
- Closing a portion or entirety of the workspace for a thorough cleaning.
- In the event of a confirmed case amongst staff, we will shut down the studio. All staff will be tested. Staff members who are confirmed positive will not be allowed to re-enter until they are re-tested and negative.
Minimizing access by COVID-19-positive or symptomatic individuals. To ensure that COVID-19-positive or symptomatic individuals have minimal access to the workplace, I have:
- Communicated with staff the need to stay home if they test positive for, have been exposed to,or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Established screenings that can be conducted verbally by phone, the posting of an informational poster that communicates the screening requirements. Describe your company’s screening process and the communications that have been issued to employees instructing them to stay home if they test positive for, have been exposed to, or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- We have chosen to also take temperature checks, as an additional precaution.
Communication with Staff.
- Shared information with my staff to remind them of the requirement to stay home if they are sick and inform them of sick-time policies.
- Posted signs or posters describing the business’ rules for wearing of masks, social distancing of six feet between parties, and specifying, at the entrance of facilities, that sick individuals should stay home.
- Determined the steps you will take upon learning of an employee who has tested positive for COVID19, including how you will work with RIDOH to identify which other employees will need to be quarantined and how you will communicate this information to the other employees while respecting health privacy laws.
Cleaning and decontamination. To ensure proper cleaning and decontamination of the workspace, we have:
- Instructed workers to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of each service, prior to any mealtimes, after cleaning, after removing gloves and after using the restroom.
- Made hand-washing facilities with soap and running water available to employees and clients, and will be providing hand-sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol content) that can be used for hand hygiene in place of soap and water (sanitizer is an option only if hands are not visibly soiled.)
- Developed procedures for monitoring the supply of soap and/or hand-sanitizer, and replenishing it as needed.
- We will be using *Rejuvenate Disinfectant to disinfect all surfaces in between each client. We are ALL Barbacide Certified and will continue to use Barbacide to thoroughly disinfect our implements & use our sterilizers between each client. Rejuvenate Disinfectant is a spa and salon disinfectant that works 10x faster than other brands, offering us a quick treatment room turnovers. Additionally, the active ingredient, hydrogen peroxide, breaks down into water and oxygen, reducing your environmental impact. EPA Registered Hospital Grade Disinfectant & Meets OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standards! Effective against human coronavirus, such as COVID-19! Kills hepatitis B & C virus, HIV, athlete's foot and nail fungus, MRSA, and other spa or salon relevant pathogens in as little as 1 minute. Works as a 1-minute virucide / bactericide; 5-minute tuberculocide; 10-minute fungicide.)
- As always, changing sheets between each client and discarding soiled sheets/towels zh in a closed hamper, located in our front office, away from our clients. Each table will be disinfected using Rejuvenate Disinfectant in between each client.
- Our Esthetics implements will be disinfected and sanitized between clients, per our usual stringent disinfection procedures.
- All surfaces in each treatment room as well as reception desk and all door handles will disinfected in between each client.
- Doors (as always) will be locked to the public.
- Retail products will be behind the counter to avoid anyone unnecessarily touching and putting product back on the shelf.
Staying up to date on industry-specific guidance. To ensure that we stay up to date on the
guidance that is being issued by the State and by our industry association or regional RI chamber of commerce regarding our particular business setting and in general, we will:
- Consult http://www.reopeningri.com/ , the RIDOH website, and Governor’s Executive Orders on a weekly basis or whenever notified of the availability of new guidance.
- Stay in touch with the Esthetics Council.
- Stay in touch with Associated Skin Care Professionals.